The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people with low-to-moderate income, senior citizens, persons with disability, those who have limited English proficiency and others who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. Our Warrenton, VA site prepares taxes on Saturdays by appointment only (January-April).
People Inc. is in need of a Volunteer Site Coordinator for this program. The Site Coordinator coordinates the tax site making sure that the site runs smoothly. He or she solves any problems as professionally as possible keeping in mind that the clients are the top priority. The Site Coordinator also assures that all services rendered to the clients are done so in an atmosphere of respect.
- Supervising opening and closing of site, ensuring all necessary materials and supplies are available
- Ensuring all volunteer tax preparers working at the site have been IRS-trained and certified
- Coordinating work of tax preparers and other volunteers, making sure that every detail is completed with the utmost accuracy and efficiency.
- E-Filing all returns at the end of the day in preparation for a report acknowledging that all returns were received. For rejected returns, correcting the incorrect information to resubmit.
- Filing and maintaining paperwork, including intake forms, and providing for secure storage of documents per IRS regulations
- Preparing taxes and tax forms when necessary to accommodate customers if there are open computers
- Being available to answer and respond to tax questions from clients and tax preparers.
- Ensuring confidentiality of all records at their site.
- Completing tasks necessary to maintaining a safe working environment for volunteers and clients.
- Providing quality control for all aspects of operation including filing accuracy and effective customer service
- Delegating any job that is necessary for smooth operation at the site.
- Certified as a preparer by the IRS, preferably at the advanced level. Free training is provided.
- Previous tax/accounting background/education preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage volunteers and interact with VITA clients
- Well organized, capable of managing operations of a site
THIS IS A VOLUNTEER POSITION
Please contact Jenny Knox (contact info below) if you are interested.
Business Development Manager
70 Main Street – Suite 23
Warrenton, VA 20186