What is the WRC all about?
The Warrenton Regional Chamber’s mission is to help local businesses succeed.
The WRC is committed to its mission to improve the local business climate while sustaining our quality of life through government advocacy, business networking, education, assistance, and advancement programs.
Companies join the WRC to increase their organization’s visibility and/or to demonstrate support for the start up, micro and small businesses in our community.
The Greater Warrenton Chamber of Commerce was established in the fall of 2009 during one of the worst economic downturns our country has seen. Founding charter members and leaders in Fauquier’s business community quickly saw friends and colleagues closing their businesses; having no place to turn for assistance.
As conditions worsened, this small group of business owners started the GWCC and it’s Triage Team, now known as our Business Assistance Team (BAT). Through the formation of the GWCC, small business owners could join the chamber at an affordable rate and gain access to the Triage Team at no additional cost. The Triage Team’s original focus was to provide advice and business rescue to members in need.
In 2017, the organization is evolving into the Warrenton Regional Chamber. Learn more here:
We are now the WARRENTON REGIONAL CHAMBER
On January 26, 2017, the Greater Warrenton Chamber of Commerce (GWCC) announced a new operating model, a new membership level structure, a new Executive Director, and a new name: the Warrenton Regional Chamber (WRC).
Introduction and Letter from Senator Mark Warner (7:48)
In this video, learn about why the changes were made, meet our new Executive Director, and hear a letter of support and encouragement from VA Senator Mark Warner.
Presentation – Part 1 (6:59)
In this video, learn about the new membership level structure (benefits and opportunities for each level), new pricing (lower for many members), and operating model.
Presentation – Part 2 (10:29)
In this video, learn about the details of the programs that will be offered to give member businesses and nonprofits easy access to resources they need.
The Warrenton Regional Chamber is a voluntary membership organization dedicated to improving the local economy and quality of life by serving the business community through the following objectives:
- Promote the community’s products and services to our residents.
- Provide leadership to bring together our businesses and individuals to create a favorable business climate for existing taxpaying entities.
- Educate the members with marketing and management alternatives and solutions.
- Promote cooperation within our membership and with local governments and agencies and non-profit organizations.
- Partner with our Warrenton-Fauquier Visitor Center to facilitate inquiries into our community by potential guests and those needing relocation assistance.
- Oversee business-networking groups where business people work in harmony to provide products and services to those that seek them.
- Maintain business assistance programs that provide counseling to businesses in planning or emergency situations.
- Conduct surveys of our members and the community so we may constantly improve our ability to serve.
- Inform business members of relevant news and information through a variety of printed and electronic media.
- Host regular membership meetings where business people can participate openly and actively in their Chamber of Commerce.
Click here for complete Greater Warrenton Chamber of Commerce (dba Warrenton Regional Chamber) By-Laws.